I once had a conversation with friends about "passions" in life. We felt bad because we didn't have any! But since then, I've decided I actually DO have two: Eating & Reading. Both of those seem to occupy a great deal of my time. Now add writing. Food & Books, who could go wrong with that?

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Ambushed Tart

This was one of my more perfect kitchen creations: flaky crust, sweet tomato sauce, salty feta, crunchy pine nuts, and herbs & tomatoes fresh from my garden. It actually drew oohs & aahhs when delivered to the party. Unfortunately, someone left the patio sliding door open a few seconds too long and my friends' exuberant chocolate lab did a drive-by swipe/lick of the tart platter. I could be forgiving and say, "well, the table was exactly his height - irresistable I suppose." But I'm not that forgiving. The ambush was 4 months ago and I'm still not over it, can you tell? Most of the beautiful tart was uneaten because we couldn't tell which pieces might have doggie slobber or doggie germs... and no, we did not give him the leftovers. Bad dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment